If what God says is true (and of course, it is) - then I truely have no cause "for worry or for fear", as the writer of one of my favorite hymns states. If His eye is on the sparrow - certainly His eye is on us.
Then, WHY do I ??? That is the question I have wrestled with these past few weeks.
I didn't finish my last journal entry ("Darkest before Dawn") - but this one follows closely on the heels of that last one.
Sitting down at the table to write out the bills for June - I felt like having a meltdown. Just that day, I went online to check my bank account and I received two over the limit fees. A check had cashed for Michaela's upcoming orthodontist work, a check that I had called and left a message for to please not cash it just yet. Her braces would have to wait. We're still waiting on money.
Another creditor called and pretty much said..."DEBORAH FREDERICK!!! times up you guys. You have a few days to come up with some money or you will be in the hands of a lawyer." sigh.
We sold the aforementioned van for $200 last week - and she had a full tank of gas! I miss her. We've had to juggle with one car - and three drivers in the house that need to be places.
Little Marie Sue Chapman's accidental death was in the news this week. This hit me so hard - it could have happened to any of us. My heart has ached so much for this family this week.
I have a friend that received the news no one wants to hear: Her Mother's cancer is back.
My back has been hurting like crazy lately - with all the yard/house work and such.
But you know what? Lots of really great things have happened this week too.
Caleb's Open house was awesome! No rain, Jen and Pearl brought amazing food and we had fun.
Remember the bank fees mentioned above? I called, and they reversed them!
Three of our boys moved back home this past weekend. I've had more glimpses of them lately! (Last night Michaela was rubbing Seth's back, Zac and Moke played their guitars together, and I finally had a chance to sit down with Micah for a little while and catch up on his life.)
Dan has had the strength to keep working on these potential contracts. That is a huge praise!
My friend, Janet, worked on my back and I feel better.
My other friend (and her Mom) are receiving alot of grace from God for the upcoming cancer treatment. Their attitudes are so good!
I worked this Sunday, and we heard an awesome message at the Methodist church.
Little Malachi made it through his heart cath surgery, successfully!
My friend Jane - is starting to heal from her ordeal (brain surgery), her praises still intact.
In reading the accounts of little Maria's funeral - God has obviously shown up for them in a very big way as they have dealt with this tragedy. Donations are pouring in to help future families adopt children. Good is emerging in the middle of all the pain.
This morning, three of my dearest Mom friends and I are taking our kids away overnight to Lake Hope State Park - for a day or relaxing and hiking.
Life is really good despite all the trials and tragedies. I tend to forget how good God is on a day to day basis. Even though Dan's projects haven't come through yet, certainly God has! I only need to remember that His joy is our strength - He is in control - but best of all: He loves us!!! Someday all these trials will be put behind us, and we will be with Him.
When I see the sparrows again this morning, I'm going to remember that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment