Have you ever been out camping? Or just sleeping outside for the night?
I have on many occasions, and one of the things I distinctly remember about it is the deep, thick darkness that accompanies the hours right before the sun rises. It is usually damp and cold, and those predawn hours can seem so long!
We've experienced this in a variety of ways and in a myriad of circumstances over the years.
As I noted in the past blog, it appears that Dan is going to get one (or both!) of the projects in Texas! In the meantime - things are pretty dark here. I keep reminding myself to hang on - the Sun will soon rise.
On Monday, our van broke down - again. It was towed just last week. We've become pretty good friends with the AAA people (being on a first name basis and all now.) We had just put $175 into it, plus a full tank of gas - when Danielle broke down in it this time. Thankfully, the van stalled in a safe place - just before a big hill and a busy intersection just 1/2 mi. from our house. She had forgot her phone - and ended up walking home. So...once again...our van is sitting in a lonely spot behind the mechanic's shop. I had to borrow Mom's car yesterday to get to my yearly job review, as Dan had two meetings in the opposite direction. It reminds me of days gone by!
Today - we must speak with someone in Legal Aide about a past due credit card account. This is the LAST of our creditors to be settled! (Quite an amazing thing - considering that we began with 17 seperate creditors and accounts six years ago. God is so good and faithful! I can never, ever thank Him enough! To date: 16 of these accounts have either been settled, rolled into our home mortgage, or we are currently making monthly payments on them.) Anyway - this account is strictly in my name, so I have been taking the brunt of these phone calls. I don't like to be critical, but this company has consistently been rude, calling many times a day and leaving me harsh messages like "Deborah Frederick - you must call this number NOW..."etc. Anyway I did speak in person to the person in charge recently, and her tone was sharp and her comments cutting. At one point, she asked me in a rude tone - "Why haven't you tried to settle these debts?" I almost started crying as I quietly told her - "You have no idea."
I am trusting the Lord to show us how to survive financially until the dawn comes.
When I think of Jesus night in the Garden of Gethsemenae, I can hardly bear it. How dark that night must have been. The writer of Hebrews gives us an insight into how Jesus bore it:
"Who for the joy set before Him, endured the cross..."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment