One bad decision can wreak havoc in a person's life. If you haven't experienced this, please, take my word for it. If not my word, take God's.
I made one bad decision on Tuesday. I decided to do some heavy duty yard work, ignoring my good sense not to do so (because of a neck and back problem I'm having.)
Consequence? The mother of all migraine's hit me on Wed.! I woke up around 5 a.m. - and didn't honestly feel like a person again until 6 p.m. when I could finally keep some pain meds and food in my stomach. (I hate throwing up. It's yucky. Bad, bad migraine.)
One of the boys made a bad decision in not paying his traffic ticket on time.
Consequence? HASSLE!!! phone calls, internet searches...more hassle today! He has to pay more money to have his license reinstated. Even I have been at my wits end helping him with this. It is alot of red tape and alot of time wasted.
We once made a bad decision to loan out some money against our paid for home.
Consequence? There have been literally hundreds of them - but we had a fresh new one today.
With Dan's pending project looking like a go (Yea!) we have been van shopping. His first check should be in next week! Wanting to help "rebuild" our credit - we thought it best to see if we could obtain a small loan for a used van - and asked Mom if she would co-sign. She agreed, so we began the process. Now mind you, my last three cars have been, well....modest. One was $2,500 - "Penelope" - and then came "Buck the Buick" for $350 - and last, but not least, my Previa was given to us! So with that back ground info. this will make more sense. We have been looking for a newer model to last us 5-7 years. We think we found it! Right color, right mileage -right friend selling it to us - everything! I honestly haven't allowed myself to get excited about too much these past few years, because most things have fallen through. But this morning, I was excited. I got dressed in my favorite skirt and shirt, and was hoping to hear from the bank that "It's a go! Go get your van!"
We heard the opposite. Even with Mom's co-signature we cannot obtain even a small loan.
Consequences stink. I can't help admitting that I am sad. I wanted to take the kids to the zoo as a surprise this week.
The loan officer's friendly voice calmly stated: "We reviewed your credit report and are sorry that we cannot offer you anything at this time."
What I heard was: "You morons, you can't afford anything. Keep making due with one car....we don't care that you have to get up early to get each other to work. You're in debt way over your eye balls. Go change from your favorite skirt to some work clothes, because you people really aren't worth our time."
There is most definately an emotional toll to being financially strapped. And we became strapped because of one very poor decision.
I'm so glad that I have made one RIGHT choice in my life....Jesus! I've decided not to be sad anymore, because in Jesus - I am rich. My poor choices have been covered at the foot of the cross by His precious blood, and the consequences for my sin have been removed. Can anyone say AMEN?!? All the beautiful Honda Odyssey's in the world can't compare with that! It's so easy to listen to Satan's lies when we are in the midst of trials. Last Sunday, Danny Biggers (Amy's uncle) had an awesome message at church. It was titled: "How Long Lord?" and was based on Psalm 13. What an applicable message for me that day. Faith is the substance of things not seen - so what a blessing it is that Dan and I cannot see our way out of this. God can, and that is all that matters. It doesn't matter how long, because He's the one in control of the "how long". He is the one that gently holds us as we walk through the consequences of our bad decisions here on earth. He does it without condemning us, but lovingly reminding us that He works out all things for good, IF we love Him. (Rom. 8:28-29) I praise you today Lord, for every trial and blessing you bring into my life. I thank you for taking the consequences of my sin - so that I can be with you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment