As I begin to write the checks for the June bills, I noticed that the balance was rapidly decreasing. I went to bed a bit restless - it's so early in the month, and our money is almost gone. One thing I love about the Lord is the way He meets us in the quiet of the night. There are no other distractions, no jobs to be accomplished - just the two of us in the dark silence.
I asked Him to help us through.
Waiting is one of the worst things. I don't like it one bit. We're still waiting on word about Dan's Texas projects - "It's still a go!" we hear, the contracts are going back and forth now between lawyers (to Dan's dismay - one of these project contracts is 96 pages long!!! quite a feat to get through for a legally blind person) - but I say "show me the money!"
Over the years, I've tried very hard not to tell Dan financial, or other especially stessful things, in the evening because of his sleep problems. When morning came I told him that the balance was $615 in the check book, and we needed to pay our mortgage of $2,155.00 by June 11th, which was 2 days away. He went to work and was able to get an advance of $1,000K - and wouldn't you know? My check is due to be deposited on June 12th for $540.00, exactly what we need! So...the plan is that I'll write the house payment check after work, then hopfully (my paychecks are sometimes late - so I'm praying it's not) my check can then be transferred the next day, and we're all good. Every month, we press our "grace period" to the max, paying on the last possible day. I'm glad that God's grace period doesn't expire in my life.
The other part of the plan is to keep trust God - keep our focus on Him - and praise Him for the myriad of ways He still shows Himself strong on our behalf. He really is an amazing accountant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i learn so much from your stories of your daily walk and reliance on the Lord for all of your needs. It's neat that God uses all of these things to teach us about Him... the master artist/counselor/accountant!!!!!
Post a Comment